From: Ingo Krabbe <i.krabbe@×××××.net>
To: Gentoo Developer <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers in baselayout
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:50:45
1 I have a small problem with linux headers as a dependency in
2 baselayout. Hmm, I don't know exactly why I encounter it at all:
3
4 Linux headers install /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm.
5
6 A normal developer configuration would be to link
7 /usr/src/linux/include/linux -> /usr/include/linux and
8 /usr/src/linux/include/asm -> /usr/include/asm
9
10 The configuration headers in linux-headers of course won't match an own
11 kernel configuration in most cases.
12
13 So what am I supposed to do ? Should I fake emerge linux-headers-2.4.19
14 or are there more sophisticated methods. Overwriting baselayout ebuild
15 is no acceptable answer !
16
17 BYE INGO
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list