From: Brandon Hale <brandon@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] chroot USE flag?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:30:19
1 I propose a new USE flag for a few key services that would install the
2 package in a chroot "out of the box." This idea was inspired by a
3 conversation between Greg Fitzgerald (gregf) and myself on applying
4 ideas from OpenBSD to Gentoo. Another source of inspiration is the
5 excelent pkg_config code in the latest bind9 ebuilds. I further
6 discussed this idea w/ memebers of the gentoo-hardened team and further
7 crystalized the workings of such a flag. I would propose that the ebuild
8 include two conditional install proceedures keyed on the chroot USE
9 flag. The only possible problem I forsee is building devices inside the
10 sandbox, which could be accomplished in pkg_postinstall as a last
11 resort. I would be happy for any feedback or further development of this
12 idea.
13
14 Brandon Hale
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list