From: "S.P.G. Frankema" <frankema@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new i586 build iso ??
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:57:59
1 Dear team,
2
3 have been looking at gentoo for a while and decided to try it out.
4
5 but fortune is not at my hand.
6
7 at home i only have a dail-up connection, so thats no option.
8
9 at work (T-veryfast) i downloaded both the ix86 iso and the 600mb
10 i586-build iso.
11
12 the latter boots, lets me set the whole thing up (NO ext3 !). but
13 following the online or onCD install help i encounter some problems.
14 (i think the prebuild is outdated compared to the helpfile). been able
15 to continue
16
17 but the main problem is. i cant get dhcpcd to connect to my
18 bosses novell dhcp server. it just times out. i've tryed it all. -r / -h
19 hostname / ifconfig options..... etc etc.
20
21 even tried the newest small ix86 iso (downloaded today) , and tried
22 to force emerge to look on the cd etc etc.
23 but i end up withup a system (cant bootstrap)
24
25 so, i'm stuck.
26 but really really wanna try your work.
27
28 1. whats up with dhcpcd ? why cant it connect?
29 2. any plans for a more up-to date 650 mb iso ?
30 3. can one get pump updated into the isolinux env?
31
32 plz help.
33 yours c.
34 s. frankema.