From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cascading profiles for normal Gentoo usage or not
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:20:21
1 On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 19:08, Jason Huebel wrote:
2 > On Thursday 12 August 2004 5:52 pm, Ned Ludd wrote:
3 > > > I also recall seeing a post-2004.2-release email (from you) requesting
4 > > > testing of the new catalyst that supports cascading.
5 > >
6 > > Yeah It's kinda discouraging that there has been no feedback on that.
7 > >
8 > > > Since I've been off for a
9 > > > couple of weeks (as has several releng folks), I haven't tested the new
10 > > > catalyst release.
11 > >
12 > > It works and it the stuff dreams are made of.
13 > >
14 > > > Are we pushing the userbase to cascading immediately? If so, this is all
15 > > > news to me.
16 > >
17 > > Yes thats is the goal.
18 >
19 > K, cool. Perhaps I missed an email that said "hey, switch everyone to a 2004.2
20 > cascading profile".
21
22 yeah I'm not sure why releng@ did not send this mail out either.
23
24 > If I did, I apologize. If there wasn't an email
25 > explicitly saying that, then it's more than likely that I didn't recognize
26 > any implied request.
27 >
28 > Anyway, I'll be testing the new catalyst this evening.
29
30 Cool. If you find bugs I'm more than willing to try to help solve them.
33 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
34 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer