From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Seeking questions for a user survey; releng related
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:20:56
1 On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 16:30 -0600, Brent Baude wrote:
2 > If the topic of frequent releases is put onto the survey, I would like
3 > to know what users anticipate as part of the new releases because new
4 > releases are based on the tree itself. It has been a while since I have
5 > used a binary distribution, but when I did, I looked forward to new
6 > releases because new versions of X and Y were generally tied to it;
7 > which is not usually the case with Gentoo except where profiles dictate
8 > that. Is the motivation for more releases in part the expectation of
9 > more features? If so, also collecting their suggestions for a features
10 > list would be helpful.
11
12 There is a thread on gentoo-user currently. It started out about the
13 GWN, but it's been hijacked to talk about the install CD. If you want
14 to know what / why users want the install CD, then read some of the
15 comments from here on:
16
17 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/192742
22 Bob Barker: "Which one of these lovely womanoids will take home atomic tiara?"
25 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list