From: Wolfgang Illmeyer <wolfgang.illmeyer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python stuff and CHOST Change don't agree
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:27:09
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2
3 >/sbin/fix_libtool_files.sh `gcc -dumpversion` --oldarch i386-pc-linux-gnu
4 >
5 >If that doesn't fix it, you get to keep the pieces.
8 I did that together with emerge gcc glibc binutils right after changing
9 the CHOST, everything but python-stuff worked
10
11 >Changing the CHOST on a live system is not to be taken lightly. It's
12 >somewhat benign on x86 boxes, but on other arches, it's practically
13 >suicidal.
17 Meanwhile I found out that libIDL had its CHOST hardcoded. The problem
18 wasn't about python. Remerging libIDL fixed it. I regret that I didn't
19 notice that before I did the emerge -e system.... I now have a working
20 solfege with
21
22 >/me recalls a stupid user that thought they could change from
23 >little-endian to big-endian by changing the CHOST.
27 Very interesting *g*
28
29 greetings
30 Wolfgang