From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Place of EAPI variable in ebuild
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:14:39
1 Markus Ullmann kirjoitti:
2 >> What if I want to use EAPI=1 features in an eclass? So if we for example
3 >> we have an ebuild using EAPI=2 and then it inherits and eclass that sets
4 >> EAPI=1 for slot deps.
5 >
6 > shouldn't be an issue as eapi 1 and 2 would have slot deps
7 > though for other things like src functions defined in the eclass this
8 > might become really interesting, especially if we get src_configure in eapi2
9 >
10 > Greetz
11 > Jokey
14 You didn't get my point. Unless inherit has some EAPI handling logic
15 setting EAPI in an eclass would overwrite the one in the ebuild.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri