From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: PROPERTIES=funky-slots
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:22:19
1 On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:13:23 +0200
2 Justin <jlec@g.o> wrote:
3 > Did you read what you wrote and thought about what you request from
4 > others? Probably you better should.
5
6 Uh huh, and I think we all know there's a huge difference between
7 knowing what versions and slots are and knowing what "a multilib" is.
8
9 > An example:
10 >
11 > "...slots and versions to "mean" something other than what they used
12 > to,..."
13 >
14 > is completely useless without a description of what SLOTS are about
15 > and how the should be used. And what is the wrong usage you can find;
16 > examples are necessary here for understanding.
17
18 That's covered in the devmanual and in the user documentation, so
19 there's no need to repeat it here.
20
21 > To me, it doesn't solve the root cause, but actually I can't judge
22 > this, because I am missing a description of what is really going
23 > wrong.
24
25 As I've already said, this isn't about solving the root cause. It's
26 about reducing the impact of damage that's already been done until the
27 root cause is solved properly.
30 Ciaran McCreesh