From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: PROPERTIES=funky-slots
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:22:19
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:13:23 +0200
Justin <jlec@g.o> wrote:
> Did you read what you wrote and thought about what you request from > others? Probably you better should.
Uh huh, and I think we all know there's a huge difference between knowing what versions and slots are and knowing what "a multilib" is.
> An example: > > "...slots and versions to "mean" something other than what they used > to,..." > > is completely useless without a description of what SLOTS are about > and how the should be used. And what is the wrong usage you can find; > examples are necessary here for understanding.
That's covered in the devmanual and in the user documentation, so there's no need to repeat it here.
> To me, it doesn't solve the root cause, but actually I can't judge > this, because I am missing a description of what is really going > wrong.
As I've already said, this isn't about solving the root cause. It's about reducing the impact of damage that's already been done until the root cause is solved properly. -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: PROPERTIES=funky-slots Justin <jlec@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: PROPERTIES=funky-slots Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>