From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: mbox -- looks sort of interesting
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:39:36
1 On 02/11/2014 11:34 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:56 AM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Looks interesting. It reminds me somewhat of autodep[1].
7 > Interesting - does this work? I don't see it in portage.
8 It used to work pretty well, but the bundled portage version doesn't
9 support EAPI 5. I previously made an attempt to merge a newer version of
10 portage in, but I was not successful.
11
12 > One of those ideas I've always wanted to implement is to create a
13 > portage hook/patch that looks at the dependencies for the package
14 > being built and configures sandbox to block read-access to anything
15 > that wasn't explicitly declared. Sandbox works for read-access as
16 > well as write-access, though in /etc/sandbox.d/00default read-access
17 > is enabled everywhere by default.
18 >
19 > And, yes, it could be configured to allow access to @system...
20 That's pretty much what emerge_strict does.