From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LaTeX documentation
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 08:20:46
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
> Yeah or maybe they dont need any unusual fonts; its probably sane to > set VARTEXFONTS regardless. Probably it'd be worth adding a latex > eclass that would just contain: > VARTEXFONTS=${T}/fonts > and inherit it from any package calling latex to avoid code duplication > (like e.g. the mono eclass do). > What do you think ?
As long as we can't easily remove eclasses I'd rather we don't make a new one for such trivial needs. Unless I've missed something and they can easily be removed nowadays. Also, overloading the environment with global variables should be avoided when possible. In that case I'd recommend the VARTEXFONTS variable be passed with the emake command or whatever needs latex in the ebuild. Denis. -- gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list