From: "Ciaravino
To: 'ben' <ben@××××××××××××××.com>, "Ciaravino, Tido" <tciaravino@×××××××××××.com>
Cc: 'Riyad Kalla' <rsk@×××××××××.edu>, 'Denis Shcherbakov' <deniss@×××××××××.EDU>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] SMP kernel halts system - hyperthreading??
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 02:10:08
1 if you find it let me know
2 (and add it to bug 11095)
3
4 it has worked with vanilla-sources (no patches)
5 and xfs-sources
6
7 This should clear the gentoo-sources patches that are in common with the
8 xfs-sources patches (which are quite a few if memory serves)
9
10 Checking the rest should be a pain...
11
12 good luck,
13
14 odiT
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: ben [mailto:ben@××××××××××××××.com]
19 Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 7:02 PM
20 To: Ciaravino, Tido
21 Cc: 'Riyad Kalla'; 'Denis Shcherbakov'; gentoo-dev@g.o
22 Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] SMP kernel halts system - hyperthreading??
25 It's not hyperthreading, I"ve tried both this week (same specs as you, but
26 with 4GB Ram) in my efforts to get my machine to boot a SMP gentoo-sources
27 kernel. so far it appears to be something in 2.4.19-gentoo-r10 - r9 boots
28 fine. I was going to spend the evening examining the differences between
29 these two.