From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 11:45:07
1 On 2018.01.11 01:03, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > > Does being 'struck off' the list in this way apply to devs,
3 > including
4 > > Council and comrel members?
5 >
6 > So far noone has even considered "striking" devs off the list. If this
7 > even
8 > were to happen ever, it would have to be backed by a full comrel team
9 > decision
10 > / vote. And these don't happen often, don't happen quickly, and don't
11 > happen
12 > lightly. (I much prefer fixing the glibc ebuilds, horrible as these
13 > may be.)
14 >
15 > We have now an imperfect solution to an unneccessary problem. If
16 > anyone can
17 > come up with a better solution (that is still an improvement over
18 > doing
19 > nothing), I'm all ears. List moderation is not one, since a) it still
20 > hasn't
21 > been implemented technically, b) even if that were done, we would
22 > still
23 > require an active moderation team, and c) then we start bikeshedding
24 > about the
25 > moderation rules.
28 > --
29 > Andreas K. Hüttel
30 > dilfridge@g.o
31 > Gentoo Linux developer
32 > (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)
35 Andreas,
36
37 Does removing non @gentoo.org email address from the ML not require
38 that process too?
39
40 Gentoo does not have any other disiplinary process than the action by
41 comrel that you describe.
44 Regards,
45
46 Roy Bamford