From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xcdroast works again, -n parameter needed
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:32:26
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've fixed a bug in the cdrtools ebuilds, now they install the readcd binary
4 correctly. xcdroast will now work again (it hadn't since we replaced
5 app-cdr/cdrecord with cdrtools).
6
7 However, for it to start the -n parameter is needed, which turns off cdrecord
8 version checking. Otherwise it won't start unless a cdrecord of a specific
9 version number, which is hardcoded into the source code, can be located.
10
11 I don't know of any problems that may be caused by using a newer version of
12 cdrecord than the one it wants, but there may have been a good reason to make
13 it work that way. If we ascertain that it works OK with the newer versions,
14 we'll need to to decide on a way to tell users to use the -n flag, or even to
15 patch the source to make it unnecessary. Info? Ideas?
19 Dan Armak
20 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
21 Matan, Israel