From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Lazy" use flags?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 01:39:40
1 On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 > Ah, I think I see what you mean now. That's actually a bit more
3 > predictable and requires less action on behalf of the user. I'd like
4 > to add that, if we do this, could Portage output which USE flags were
5 > being automatically added? We already have USE changes indicated with
6 > the % suffix, would that be enough in your opinion?
7
8 It might not hurt to have portage display some kind of prefix that
9 means the flag is enabled implicitly. That could be useful whether it
10 is changing or not.
11
12 In any case, none of this will happen unless somebody builds it. :)
13
14 Maybe toss in mix-in support while we're at it. :)
17 Rich