From: Corvus Corax <eric.noack@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] avifile-0.53.5-r1.ebuild error workaround
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:25:54
1 Hello folks.
2 i tried to compile avi-xmms to view my DivX´s under xmms (like i
3 did so many times before under other Distributions) when i found
4 out that avifile prior to 0.7 (which there is no ebuild yet)
5 has been disabled in packages.mask
6 and thus makes of course avi-xmms broken (thus disabled, too)
7
8 of course i didnt accept this since it worked before for me >;>>
9 after enabling those 2 packages in the
10 /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask again, i tried to emerge avifile, what
11 FAILED to compile doe to an "redifinition of struct option" in one of the
12 files
13
14 traceback of this (well known from other packages)
15 (tetex has an similar error depending on your USE flags)
16 this error leeds back this time to ./samples/qtvidcap/parsecl.h
17 and .../parsecl.cpp
18 (during emerge compilation normally in
19 /var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.53.5-r1/work/avifile-0.53.5/samples/qtvidcap/.)
20
21 so all we had to do is to patch all "option" variable type identifiers
22 we find in this 2 files exchange to "parsecl_option".
23 (but dont do all "option" strings. option is a common name, which is also
24 used in a variable name named "options" which is not to change, as well as
25 some strings)
26
27 i dont have a patch file,(and didn´t have mood to do one) so i just added a
28 "bash" command after the
29 untar command into the ebuild script and did this all by hand before typing
30 "exit".
31 feel free to write a patch and distribute it with the next ebuild >;>>>
32
33 this WORKED -> avifile installed
34
35 NEXT thing: avi-xmms-1.2.2-r2.ebuild.
36 the dependencies string seems to be messed up in the ebuild
37 so you just have to install xmms and avifile 1st <g>
38 i emerged the xmms (no problems), smpeg-xmms
39
40 HEY!! smpeg-xmms NEEDS GLU but dependency not set!!!
41
42 (after emerging mesa-glu (the newest version is marked incompatible)
43 this worked, too),
44 and divx4linux-20010824
45 (seems to have worked, even if it still tryed to install stuff into /opt/kde)
46 !!!
47 now emerge avi-xmms-1.2.2-r2.ebuild -- and YES it WORKED
51 and u know what? DivX watching with xmms is working again!!!!
52 (tested with a DivX encoded movie )
53
54 any questions left??
57 Eric Noack