From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: dev-util/{...}
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 20:53:18
1 On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 13:47:48 +0200 Patrice Clement wrote:
2 > # Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o> (5 Jun 2016)
3 > # Unmaintained ebuilds. Upstream is either dead or AWOL. Also, most of these
4 > # ebuilds are still sitting in ~arch after years in the tree.
5
6 Excuse me, but since when and based on what authority dead HOME or
7 the fact that ebuilds are ~arch only is sufficient basis for tree
8 cleaning?!
9
10 If package is badly broken (e.g. doesn't build or have serious
11 security issues unfixed for a long time), then yes — they can be
12 removed.
13
14 I suggest you to remove that ridiculous commit.
15
16 I'm using or have used some time ago the following sublist of now
17 masked packages:
18
19 - dev-util/ccmalloc
20 - dev-util/dissembler
21 - dev-util/duma
22 - dev-util/lsuio
23 - dev-util/pretrace
24 - dev-util/tinlink
25 - dev-util/usb-robot
26
27 I'll check if they still work and for those that are will step in,
28 if nobody else will volunteer to take care of them.
29
30 Best regards,
31 Andrew Savchenko