From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reverse dependency Scanning
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:29:18
1 On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 03:51 +0200, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > I've made a small python wrapper around depreverse, which is
3 > available here: http://tdegreni.free.fr/gentoo/dotfinder.py
4 >
5 > It has a similar purpose as your "finder.sh" wrapper, but outputs
6 > its results as a graph in dot format (with 4 layers: requested
7 > packages, contents files, depended-on files, and depended-on
8 > packages). For example, the following command:
9 > ./dotfinder.py galeon | dot -Tps > galeon.ps
10 > will results in something like this:
11 > http://tdegreni.free.fr/gentoo/galeon.ps
12 >
13 > I'm not sure it's really useful, but oh well, it was worth writing
14 > to learn dot's very basics :)
15
16 Hehe, Rather cool, but the diagram is a bit hard to get an overview of.
17 Though, I recognise the reason for doing it :)
20 Thanks ,
21 Spider
24 begin .signature
25 Tortured users / Laughing in pain