From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Help with ebuild -- agsatellite
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:05:17
1 Hi
2
3 When you test your ebuild I guess you anyway put it in proper place and
4 produce all necessary files (the minimum would be ebuild_file and
5 files/digest-pkg, looks like all packages now contain ChangeLog as well).
6 Just tar em all in one tar.gz (or bz2, not an issue here I guess) and submit
7 that (as described in howto, using bugzilla). User has to have digest file
8 _before_ downloading the source, so someone, in this case you, have to be
9 authority in that respect, otherwise it is pointless.
10 This is the way I submitted ebuilds. If anybody does it differently,
11 please comment.
12 There seems to be a problem woth attaching files thoug. You will need to
13 either emeil assigned gentoo-developer with this package later on or, if you
14 can, put it somewhere up and provide url (http/ftp) in description of the
15 package. That is if things won't work out as they should.
16
17 George