From: Thomas Beaudry <tmbeaudry@×××.com>
To: silvio.linux@×××××××.br, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Configurator
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:07:19
1 >1) I can do this? Since you're the developers I think I
2 >should ask first :-)
3
4 I'm not a developer but it's done all the time with other
5 distros and I can't see a reason why it would be different
6 with Gentoo. The only thing is if you do it without their
7 sanction first, it may or may not be picked up for addition
8 to the distro. Also, they may already be working on
9 something that you could help with, so it is still good to
10 ask. (Yeah, I know, long-winded answer.)
11
12 >2) Which are the valid values in USE flag?
13
14 /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
15
16 >3) Where are the USE flag defined? (/etc/make.globals
17 >& /etc/make.conf ? If it's set on the globals and unset
18 >at conf which is going to be valid? I know this question
19 >is pretty basic, but I need to be sure...)
20
21 make.globals has the default values
22 make.conf USE settings override make.global
23 environment USE settings override both
24
25 >4) How I know which USE values are counted on a specific
26 >package? (e.g. How I know if the presence of 'alsa' (or
27 >'-alsa') will change esd ./configure?)
28
29 You'll have to look at the ebuild to answer that.
33 MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
34 http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx