From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Useflags: xsl vs xslt
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:26:46
1 Le jeudi 25 avril 2013 à 10:45 +0200, René Neumann a écrit :
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > I noticed, that there is a global useflag 'xsl', with one of those
5 > bleh-descriptions "Enables XSL support"
6 >
7 > There is exactly one user of it: php -- to pull in libxslt.
8 >
9 > Now there is also the local useflag xslt (used by three other packages)
10 > for enabling xslt support (by pulling in libxslt).
11 >
12 > My questions now are:
13 >
14 > * Is there a real difference between them? As far as I can see XSL is a
15 > superset of XSLT, but it's somewhat fuzzy.
16 > * Should 'xsl' remain a global useflag?
17 > * Should php remain 'xsl' or go to 'xslt'?
18 > * When building a new package with optional XSLT-support: Should I use
19 > 'xsl' or 'xslt'.
20
21 Maybe it should even be a specific flag and enabled with USE=xml,
22 depends on the package I guess.
25 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
26 Gentoo