From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:53:14
1 On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:48:06 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:24:18 +0200
5 > > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
6 > >> People will (and should) have -test in FEATURES anyway, good
7 > >> self-test suites usually take more than twice the time to build and
8 > >> run, may have additional dependencies that could take lots of time.
9 > >
10 > > So how are we supposed to handle packages where upstream *require*
11 > > that anyone building from source runs 'make check'?
12 >
13 > Spank them as we already do for people building their test as part of
14 > the default target.
15
16 Oh, so Gentoo has decided that basic QA is another 'poor programming
17 practice' now?
20 Ciaran McCreesh