From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.10.0rc1
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 09:15:26
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 Just a quick note: I've pushed Python 3.10.0rc1 today. It has many last
4 minute changes that can break packages that were ported to previous
5 3.10.0 betas before.
6
7 For practical reasons, we're going to support only >=3.10.0_rc1 going
8 forward. If your package fails with >=3.10.0_rc1, feel free to apply
9 fixes without caring for backwards compatibility with betas. If you see
10 failures with 3.10.0_beta4, please try upgrading to _rc1 first.
11
12 Notably, the newest releases of dev-python/django and dev-python/sphinx
13 that I've pushed today were updated for _rc1 and will have failures with
14 _beta4.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny