From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:28:53
1 William Hubbs posted on Thu, 31 May 2012 14:54:50 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 07:13:42PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 >> - You have a commit, that you want to put into the Gentoo tree.
5 >> - You have already pushed it to your github, signed
6 >
7 > If I have a github tree, that would probably be because I didn't have
8 > push access to the official tree, so signing the commit probably
9 > isn'tgoing to matter; I would expect that a gentoo dev who has push
10 > access to the tree would sign the commit when it is put into the gentoo
11 > tree.
12
13 I don't know what's going to happen to all the overlays with the main
14 tree switch to git, but won't that break various "overlay first"
15 policies, say for the kde overlay?
16
17 Of course, if all the official overlays are converted to git branches of
18 the main tree... but won't they still require rebasing as they've already
19 been pushed? (This assumes your workaround idea doesn't work. If it
20 does, great!)
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman