From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A different approach to reaching (more) agreement on glep 55
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:42:03
1 Hi,
2
3 A lot of what I've seen in these past few months is a lot of
4 bickering and disagreement over glep 55. I don't think that has to
5 be. A glep shouldn't be political but should evolve as people bring
6 up points to change and refine it. I haven't seen that been
7 happening, so I'd like to guide the discussion in a more positive
8 direction.
9
10 So, if you could email the list with specific things you'd like to
11 see refined or things that do not make sense to you. Basically, a
12 list of things to be clarified. Luca presented some in the last
13 council meeting regarding the Problem section, but I'd like to open
14 this up to the whole glep. As always, "Patches welcome".
15
16 Please note, this thread should not turn into a long discussion, and
17 no subthread should contain >3 messages, so if you see that while
18 writing a mail, please don't send your undoubtedly unconstructive
19 comment(or it'll be impossible to wade through the thread looking
20 for constructive stuff which is the point of the thread).
23 Regards,
24 Thomas
25 --
27 Thomas Anderson
28 Gentoo Developer
30 Areas of responsibility:
31 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council