From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 46: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:22:47
1 On Jan 19, 2008 4:13 PM, Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
2 > >> Possibilities:
3 > >> An element: <status>{active/inactive}</status>
4 > >
5 > > Status of what? seeing you have proposed a upstream-status and a
6 > > maintainer status. what else is there left to status :P
8 > same as our already existing <maintainer>
9 >
10 > But the question I tried to express (probably not clear enough) is:
11 > Should (if at all) the status being tracked for <upstream> or for
12 > <maintainer> (within upstream).
13 >
14 > As an example "dev-libs/xmlwrapp": The original maintainer is inactive, but
15 > there is a new one who took the package to sourceforge and it's not a fork
16 > since the original maintainer agreed up on this. Should such a case be
17 > tracked at all?
20 I think we don't want to track if previous maintainer is active or
21 not, or if it's changed. In your example, the important data is "who
22 is the current maintainer and how to contact him" and "is she
23 active?". Keeping an entry for the old maintainer as inactive when
24 there's a new one is not like an useful piece of info.
27 Santiago M. Mola
28 Jabber ID: cooldwind@×××××.com
29 éí¢‡^¾X¬¶ÈžÚ(¢¸&j)bž b²