From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding --as-needed to LDFLAGS in profiles/default/linux/make.defaults
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:04:24
On Monday 28 June 2010 02:09:44 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
> Hello everyone, > > I'm sure at least half of you are thinking "Oh no, not this again...", > and I agree. However, I'm /also/ thinking "Why the heck haven't we > done this yet?" > > [...]
/If/ you're¹ going to insist on doing this, could you please at least do it in a way that's easy for users to disable? (Profile LDFLAGS as the subject line says obviously qualifies, but there's also been talk of creating gcc-config profiles, modified specs etc.) That way people can choose according to their own preferences for correctness versus convenience etc. [1] Whoever does it, not specifically Nirbheek