From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing the server profiles...
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 23:12:08
1 On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 00:36:18 +0100
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > several people have pointed out to me that the 10.0 -> 13.0 transition would
8 > be a good moment to finally remove the (also in my opinion rather useless)
9 > server profiles.
10 >
11 > The easiest way to do this would be to
12 > * just not copy the server profiles from 10.0 to 13.0 and
13 > * have the deprecation warning for "10.0/server" point to "13.0" (i.e. prompt
14 > users to upgrade from the 10.0 server profile to the 13.0 base profile).
15
16 whenever the rest of the developers reach a consensus, please file a bug report to let the documentation team know what changes we need to make to the upgrade guide and other docs. thanks!