From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM related: pam_console ?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:01:14
1 On Thursday 31 March 2005 09:26 am, Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò wrote:
2 > As I said is not a problem of bsd in this case. Just look at pam ebuild, is
3 > a mess! it builds a static glib to be able to build pam_console, there's
4 > conditional of all kinds...
5
6 this is so that we (1) dont have to force -fPIC onto libglib.a and (2) we dont
7 have to move libglib.so into /lib
8
9 > Moving out pam_console (and the rest of optional pam modules, also) into
10 > different ebuilds will make user ables to install what they need without
11 > having a bloated ebuild with conditionals for everything.
12
13 eh, you're going to have 'bloat' regardless of using 1 ebuild or 10, it's just
14 a matter of which kind of bloat you want :p ... and generally i'm against
15 splitting packages
16 -mike
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list