From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Soliciting input for a non-maintainer update (NMU) GLEP
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:22:19
1 On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 01:42:13 +0000
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So we have:
5 > Who = {ANYTHING_GOES, REQUIRES_DEV, REQUIRES_HERD,
6 > REQUIRES_MAINTAINER} What = {NONE, TRIVIAL, MINOR_FEATURES,
7 > VERSION_BUMP, MAJOR_FEATURES}
8
9 Why is there a NONE in What? Shouldn't it be NONE by default or do we
10 want NONE to mean that we explicitly don't want it? That is, how does
11 NONE differ from when the policy is missing?
12
13 > So most of my packages might be coded with:
14 > <nmu-policy who="REQUIRES_DEV" what="VERSION_BUMP" />
15 > <nmu-policy who="REQUIRES_HERD" what="MAJOR_FEATURES" />
16 >
17 > - If you're a developer, you can do trivial fixes, add minor features,
18 > bump the version.
19 > - If you're in the herd, you can add major features.
20
21 Is there always a strict order in the What entries? For instance, what
22 if someone wants people to do version bumps but not do minor features?
23 How would you specify that in this syntax?
24
25 Thank you in advance for clarifying.
28 With kind regards,
29
30 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
31 Gentoo Developer
32
33 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
34 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
35 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D