From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc portage news item
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:09:20
1 All,
2
3 here is an updated version of the news item. If there are no
4 objections/corrections/criticisms, this will be committed on 2011/5/1.
5
6 This includes input from several comments I received on this thread.
7
8 Someone suggested that we make emerge not work until the news item is
9 read. There is nothing I can do in openrc to make something like that
10 happen. It would be something that would require a portage modification.
11 Also, that wouldn't really do much for us, because someone could still
12 read the news item, emerge the packages, then they could still end up
13 rebooting before they follow the steps, so I don't see what something
14 like that buys us.
15
16 I still do not have a link to the front page news item. If there isn't
17 one, should I delete the last paragraph before I commit?
18
19 Also, the way you can recover if you boot your system before following
20 the steps is mentioned in the news item now, and there's not really
21 anything more to it, so I'm not sure where else it should be mentioned.
22
23 What does everyone think?
24
25 William

2011-05-01-baselayout-update.en.txt text/plain