From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] odds and ends
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:47:47
1 On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 11:27:43AM +0100, Robert Schrem wrote:
2 > > Currently about 200MB with lots of package-docs, and the
3 > > development tools, but if you unmerge
4 > > all sys-devel packages beside the c++-libs and spython remove
5 > > /usr/doc and /usr/src and all the static libs in /lib and /usr/lib
6 > > you only need about 130MB and still have
7 > > a runable system.
8 >
9 > Hmmm, wouldn't it be nice to have a gentoo system that can
10 > boot from an 128 MB FlashDisk? There are som with PCMCIA
11 > interface... No more noisy hard disk technologiy from the
12 > last century ... :) Porbably a nice gift for my mom next christmas
13 > for surfing on the internet with seat belts on... :)
14
15 Creating a tiny libc build may be something we do after 1.0 is
16 released. However, it may be best to simply create a new CVS tree
17 instead of modifying our current ebuilds, since I imagine that
18 the two projects will be very different.
19
20 Best Regards,
23 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
24 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org