From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs as a source for a package
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:24:17
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I'd like to add glide as a package, but unfortunatley, the newest
6 > version is only available by cvs from cvs.glide.sourceforge.net (the
7 > older version was only available on linux.3dfx.com, which is now
8 > defunct since 3dfx is gone). I could have the ebuild script
9 > automatically download the sources using cvs, but I wouldn't be able
10 > to apply a version number to it. Another solution would be to get the
11 > sources with cvs, then tar it up and put it on the ibiblio mirror, and
12 > make the date I downloaded it the version. What do you think about
13 > this?
14
15 I allways use the latest method and I allwayes use the checkout date for
16 the package version number.
17
18 achim~
21 > Pete