From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Anthony de Boer <adb@××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds not getting in :(
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:59:33
1 On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 01:46:59PM -0400, Anthony de Boer wrote:
2 > You wrote:
3 > > The since most discougaging thing in any submitted ebuild is the lack of
4 > > an included ChangeLog. To anybody submitting an ebuild, use
5 > > skel.ChangeLog, and fill it out with the correct information.
6 > The skel file says:
7 >
8 > DD MMM YYYY; YOUR_NAME <YOUR_EMAIL> changed_file1, changed_file2 :
9 > Initial import. Ebuild submitted by submitter_name <submitter_email>.
10 >
11 > which to me implied that the developer doing the CVS commit puts his/her
12 > name and address in the first spot. As the submitter who would be named
13 > on the second line, how would I phrase the initial ChangeLog?
14 The submitted changelogs that are nice just have 'INSERT_NAME' for the
15 developers name+address. But most developers aren't too fussed about the
16 name+address in the first line.
17
18 So if you were submitted it
19 it might be:
20
21 25 Apr 2003; INSERT_NAME foo-0.0.1.ebuild, files/somepatch:
22 Initial import. Ebuild submitted by Anthony de Boer <adb@××××××××.net>
23 Other comments go here if needed about the build.
24
25 That way I just copy the ChangeLog in, change my name and I'm done.
26 This may make me seem very lazy, but by including a good changelog like
27 this in your submission, your package is more likely to get in even just
28 because it looks complete and you seem to have done your homework ;-).
31 Robin Hugh Johnson
32 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
33 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
34 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
35 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85