From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] File systems
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:40:18
1 "Kim Nielsen" <kn@××××××××××.dk> writes:
2
3 > > What file systems do you all recommend?
4 >
5 > Pick a stable one like ext3 or xfs .. still some problems with reiserfs
6
7 I've had both ext3 and XFS kill data for me, reiserfs hasn't. yet.
8 and I run reiserfs on around 20 boxes, some in production with a
9 24/7 demand, and yes, I use NFS with reiserfs.
10
11 although, XFS with Gentoo is nice since our very nice developers
12 have fixed kernels with support for everything out of the box. I
13 plan on testing XFS again this month, and see how it does this time
14 around. ext3 has been touch and go for me, but we run it on
15 workstations where I work. we just don't use it for large server
16 volumes. one reason is the lack of the ability online resize.
19 Terje