From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing D into the tree
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:37:49
1 On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 13:54:12 +0200
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Alex Howells wrote:
5 > > On 09/03/07, Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o> wrote:
6 > > <snip>
7 > >> I forgot to add that the dev-lang/dmd-bin ebuild might also require
8 > >> the special DMD license to be included in the tree. I'm attaching a
9 > >> copy of the license. I'm not much of a legal person, but it seems
10 > >> like this license is different from "as-is" and also prohibits
11 > >> redistribution which means we would need RESTRICT="nomirror".
12 > >
13 > > I think the key words in the license from our perspective are:
14 > >
15 > > "The Software is copyrighted and comes with a single user license,
16 > > and may not be redistributed. If you wish to obtain a redistribution
17 > > license, please contact Digital Mars."
18 > >
19 > > Would it be worth contacting Digital Mars?
20 > > -- Alex
21 >
22 > If they have a download link that works so users can download it
23 > automatically, I don't see any reason why we should give away bandwidth
24 > to a proprietary project.
25
26 Yeah, assuming they provide versioned tarballs these days (they didn't
27 when I took a look at it a few years ago).
28
29 Marius
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list