From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: auto-CC for bugs modified via commit tags
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:35:50
1 On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 11:29 -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 >
3 > Just to clarify here:
4 > For your own commits (e.g. fixing a package you own) you are already
5 > typically on the bug..right?
6
7 Right.
10 > I assume the major use case here is proxying commits for others (where
11 > they are on the bug, but you are not, either directly, or via an
12 > alias?)
16 Take maintainer-needed packages for example. No one else is maintaining
17 them, and I don't want to add myself to the alias or take full
18 responsibility for the package. But if I have ten free minutes I might
19 pick an open bug from the 24h recent list on bugzilla and do a drive-by
20 commit to fix a simple build failure. I'd like to be CCed on the
21 relevant bug in case someone comments on my fix.