From: Matt Rickard <frogger@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GentooBSD
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 03:03:07
1 > > The official announcement:
2 > > I've gotten portage on Gentoo/BSD working. Not all ebuilds work, and
3 > > i haven't gotten init to build (a required dep fails).
4 >
5 > Is it really a Gentoo/BSD or "just" Portage on BSD like it sounds from
6 > your announcement? If the latter is the case, are you aiming for a
7 > "real" Gentoo/BSD?
10 It looks from his description that right now it's Portage on BSD but with
11 full Gentoo/BSD is in the plans. Even just a portable portage tree that
12 can be used on other unix-like systems would be nice.
13
14 This is something I'm definitely interested in, since I've always liked
15 the BSD's. I'll give it a try in the next couple weeks when I have some
16 free time and see if I can make some progress toward a full Gentoo/BSD
17 system.
18
19 -Matt
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list