From: "René Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] multilib amd64 news item for review
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:55:42
1 Am 17.03.2015 um 16:33 schrieb Michał Górny:
2 > However, some
3 > users may prefer setting ABI_X86 globally to enable 32-bit libraries
4 > in all packages that support building them. This can be done using
5 > the following package.use entry:
6 >
7 > */* abi_x86_32
10 I'm confused: Has this a different semantics from adding
11 USE+='abi_x86_32' to make.conf? If no, why mention this strange way
12 (which is new to me) for setting default global useflags.
13
14 And to bring this even further: Wouldn't the nicest approach to add
15 ABI_X86="32"
16 or
17 ABI_X86="32 64"
18 to make.conf? (With the latter being more descriptive, as the first one
19 might suggest that _only_ 32bit should be built).
20
21 - René