From: John Matthews <jvmatthe@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild question
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:54:38
1 I finally got a Crystal Space ebuild that I can deal with. Unf. there is
2 one step I need assistance with.
3
4 When issuing a "make install", the system looks at either the default
5 destination directory or the one you set. I've been trying
6 /usr/local/crystal and if I use that, then "make install" gets a sandbox
7 violation. If, however, I use ${D}/usr/local/crystal then it installs
8 but right before that step it rewrites the cs-config script (like
9 sdl-config, gtk-config, etc.) to say that the location of the CS libs
10 and headers is /var/tmp/portage/crystal-0.94-r2/image//usr/local/crystal
11 (or something like that, I don't have it in front of me right now). Of
12 course, that'll be a bogus location when the package is actually
13 installed.
14
15 Do I need to do some sed magic to fix that somehow, by twiddling with
16 the cs-config file that's been installed in the image? Or is there some
17 sort of standard clever way to get around this problem with
18 non-./configure-style packages?
19
20 Random other info:
21 Meanwhile, I'm still in a position where I can't build optimized builds
22 with gcc 3.x and I can't use assembler at all. I've been told that CS
23 requires a special version of nasm or something like that, but haven't
24 found a direct reference for what works yet. Building a debug build with
25 no assembler gets me a working install image, I believe, on gcc 3.x and
26 gcc 2.95.
27
28 Regards and thanks,
29 matt
32 Matt Matthews \ ph: 919.660.2811 \ Use GNU/Linux _o) w00t
33 Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe@×××××××××.edu \____________ /\\
34 Dept. of Mathematics\ http://www.math.duke.edu/~jvmatthe/ \ _\_V