From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 01:58:30
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
> On Sunday, September 25, 2011 05:53:18 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote: >> "Gentoo" is defined by portage and the portage tree. If we remove >> that, the end result is no different than compiling stuff manually in >> Slackware or by hand. > > which is how Chrome OS is built. > ROOT=/some/place emerge <some binpkgs> >
Yes, I'm well aware of how ChromeOS is built. :) But neither portage, nor the portage tree, nor any of our branding are shipped with ChromeOS. Hence it's as much a Gentoo install as $company that uses portage to build $image for their embedded device, but doesn't leave any trace of Gentoo behind. -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: udev and /usr Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>