From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: lzma tarball usage
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:21:33
1 On N, 2008-05-08 at 21:09 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > > e) It has been suggested the support should have been added with new
3 > > EAPI instead of local build deps (some of which are missing, for
4 > > instance in the hand-rolled for-no-reason-whatsoever .tar.lzma format
5 > > net-tools doesn't have a dep in addition to using lzma for no good
6 > > reason)
7 >
8 > Chill, relax and cool down.
9
10 Well, I said how it is. I don't see anything in it that indicates I am
11 so upset and angry that I need to do these things. I did however loose
12 hours of work time, but that's life.
13
14 > Instead, just ask those who decided to
15 > follow upstream why and if they have even thought about the issues you
16 > brought up.
17
18 This is what I am doing with this as well, in addition to the bug
19 reports. But as this is widespread to at least 4-6 system packages, I
20 brought it up here as well to ensure this is not something I have to
21 fight against in overlays and time wastes continuously in the future.
22 Oh and net-tools has not distributed anything in .tar.lzma, so this has
23 nothing to do with following upstream in any shape or form in this case.
26 Mart Raudsepp
27 Gentoo Developer
28 Mail: leio@g.o
29 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio