From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Net Modul fealnx.o
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:20:16
1 On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 05:32:22PM +0200, Marcus Meyer wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I am new to gentoo Linux.
5 > I download the last ISO and want to install.
6 >
7 > But I missed the Kernel Modul fealnx.o.
8 > I need this for my netwok card.
9 >
10 > Is there any way to get them from the source?
11 > Or can I compile the kernel befor I do emerge rsync?
12
13 The current policy is that all drivers should be present on the
14 installation image, but obviously that is not the case. The sources for
15 the installation image will be made public shortly, from what I gather
16 when prodding drobbins about it.
17
18 I am not certain if the installation image is compiled with kernel
19 versioning. If it is, you would have to make certain you compiled the
20 module for the exact same kernel (wasn't it 2.4.8-ac8 ?).
21
22 I would think that you need not recompile the kernel binary itself, only
23 the module.
26 However, I'm certain the next installation image (which will probably
27 show up today or tomorrow) will contain this module now that we've been
28 made aware of its absence.
29
30 Kind regards,
31