From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:14:40
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> said:
2 > On Saturday 03 March 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > There is absolutely nothing Paludis specific in PMS. Nor is there
4 > > anything Pkgcore specific, and the only Portage specific content is
5 > > where we feel it's necessary to explain *why* something is a
6 > > particular way when that why is down to a Portage quirk.
7 >
8 > that's fine ... that means we're back to figuring out the deadlines for
9 > the project
10
11 perhaps - instead of talking deadlines, a more cooperative approach could
12 be taken. How about the people involved report on the progress of PMS (at
13 the council meeting)?
14
15 (what would happen if a deadline is not upheld anyhow?)
16
17 I really think PMS is important to Gentoo and i don't like scaring people
18 off by putting unwarrented pressure on them.
19
20 > -mike