From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] News item for KDEPIM-4.7 stabilization
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 17:17:04
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 we're about to stabilize KDEPIM-4.7 for the first time (last stable KDEPIM
4 suite is 4.4.11.1). Below is a news item for that, which I'd like to get out
5 in 48hours as long as there are no major problems.
6
7 The news item can also be found (in possibly updated form) at
8 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dilfridge/2011-12-06-kde473-kdepim.en.txt
9
10 Please send your feedback and improvements!
11
12 @KDE: please also help me doublecheck if the "Display-If-Installed: <kde-
13 base/akonadi-4.5" is correct (basically I want to display the news item only
14 if someone has kdepim-4.4 installed).
15
16 ---
17
18 Title: Stabilization of KDE 4.7.3 including KDEPIM
19 Author: Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
20 Content-Type: text/plain
21 Posted: 2011-12-06
22 Revision: 1
23 News-Item-Format: 1.0
24 Display-If-Installed: <kde-base/akonadi-4.5
25
26 We are pleased to announce the upcoming stabilization of KDE 4.7.3.
27 In general the upgrade of KDE from 4.6.5 to 4.7.2 should be unproblematic.
28 However, if you are using the KDEPIM application suite (i.e., akregator,
29 blogilo, kmail, knode, kontact, korganizer, and others) where the stable
30 version so far was 4.4.11.1, please be aware of the following:
31
32 The stable upgrade from KDEPIM 4.4.11.1 to KDEPIM 4.7.2 is a MAJOR upgrade
33 with potential for major breakage. Therefore we will *try* to keep
34 and support the old, so-far stable KDEPIM 4.4.11.1 as long as possible.
35 If you *dont* want to upgrade your KDEPIM yet but keep the old version,
36 please download the following file and add it into your
37 /etc/portage/package.mask:
38 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dilfridge/kdepim-4.7-mask
39 If you decide to upgrade, please have a look at the upgrade guide first:
40 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDEPIM-4.7_upgrade
45 Andreas K. Huettel
46 Gentoo Linux developer
47 dilfridge@g.o