From: stephen white <steve@×××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems with emerge -g option...
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:48:13
On 29/03/2004, at 9:21 PM, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Well help2man is a compile-time dependency. At installation time the > man > pages have allready been generated so this dependency is not needed.
This is the exact sequence that generates the problem: mkdir build cd build tar jxpf ../stage2-i686-20040218.tar.bz2 # from 2004.0 # Update the stage 2 build to an up-to-date stage 3 chroot . sh -c " export CONFIG_PROTECT='-*' emerge sync emerge -gb system # doesn't like update at this stage emerge -bu --deep world # should have 'g' but emerge bug" The first time through, the pre-compiled packages server is empty. I then copy the built packages to the server, wipe the test build, and start it again from scratch. This is why it's a bit confusing to see any difference at all. I'd like to be able to put the 'g' in the last command, but it generates different results. Yes, the above is essentially repeating what catalyst does, but the above script is going to continue into customising for internal deployment (eg, where catalyst leaves off). The avenue I'm investigating is a combination of repeatable build scripts and radmind for administrating machines, then I'm intending to write my own radmind/rsync tool to fill in the gaps. All interesting stuff. :) -- steve@×××××××××××××××.au CRICOS Provider Number 00123M ------------------------------------------------ This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list