From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: fcaps.eclass: bringing filesystem capabilities to the tree
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:47:51
1 On 29/01/2013 13:14, Duncan wrote:
2 > For at least reiserfs, and presumably for ext4, since it has
3 > similar kconfig options, *_FS_XATTR isn't enough,
4 > *_FS_SECURITY must be enabled as well.
5
6 Good point, even I forgot that it's part of security labels rather than
7 xattr strict (funnily enough, PaX wasn't last time I checked).
8
9 > Unfortunately, kernel-help for *_FS_SECURITY implies that it only needs
10 > to be enabled for SELinux or the like, recommending that it be disabled
11 > if you're not running such modules. Is it worth filing an upstream
12 > mainline kernel bug on that as well, suggesting that it mention file-caps
13 > as well?
14
15 Most likely a good idea.
18 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes