From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for net-ftp/netkit-tftp
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 18:14:23
1 Diego Elio Pettenò schrieb:
2 > I just fixed a (reported) buffer overflow on it (not a security bug),
3 > but the code is very bad and I'm expecting more issues in the future.
4 >
5 > The ebuild wasn't bumped since 2008, the upstream FTP site is entirely
6 > gone (there's no more the _domain_ of it), and net-ftp/tftp-hpa should
7 > replace it in all ways.
8 >
9 > So it'll be removed next month if there are no reasons to keep it around.
10
11 Please report a removal bug for this, so any issues concerning users of
12 netkit-tftp can be tracked.
15 Best regards,
16 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn