From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ??: Critical News Reporting
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 08:26:06
1 On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:51:25AM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > There is currently no explanation as to why this GLEP should be chosen
3 > over ChrisWhite's 42. I will add such a section if anyone requests it.
4 Any reason why you chose bashing Chris' GLEP in another mail and start
5 your own instead of working together and bringing your input for 42?
6
7 > Lightweight
8 > It is not reasonable to expect all users to have an MTA, web browser,
9 > email client, cron daemon or text processing suite available on their
10 > system. In particular, this means that any markup to be parsed must be
11 > in a very simple format.
12 I think i have an idea where this is going...
13 Don't you already have some GLEP saying XML sucks?
14
15 I miss references to the old log ewarn issue, which really should be
16 solved as well while we're at it.
17
18 There are some good ideas in your GLEP, so are some in Chris'. No good
19 is coming from having two similar GLEPs around at the same
20 time. So please don't waste our time [1] by having two more or less
21 redundant GLEPs discussed.
22
23 cheers,
24 Wernfried
25
26 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~chriswhite/flame.html Code listing 1.6
30 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
31 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
32 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list