From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 42 (Was: Getting Important Updates To Users)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:57:05
1 Bah, replied to fast.
2
3 Other points of note...
4
5 1) Why post to forums.g.o if its on www, why would one check forums
6 instead of www.
7
8 2) Theoretically it could be crossposted to the forums, probably
9 simplest to do as a direct mysql insert, which'd be messy.
10
11 3) --news, my point of reamage.
12
13 This is what bug 11359 was all about, I'm not quite sure why the
14 wheel has been brought up for reinvention, this is most likely going
15 to be a large change, and it seems that, instead of bugging portage
16 developers to add more stuff to 2.0 series, which is basically
17 relegated to bugfixes, we should just let them hack away at savior,
18 which will have this support integrated (hell, it has it already).
19 Having a temporary hack is pointless IMNSHO.
20
21 In addition, seems like this could simply be something like
22 glsa-check, call it news-update why don't we, which simply reads from
23 the RSS feed (oh wow, i'm a genius!). Make this part of system,
24 convince the baselayout guys (this is a lot easier even) to make
25 emerge an alias that calls $(news-update) after emerge, and whaddya
26 know, we have liftoff!
27