From: Aaron Kulbe <superlag@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paid support
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:19:20
1 On 9/2/06, Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 > > On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 08:55:33AM -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
5 > >> If that's not good enough for you, please find a distribution that you
6 > >> have to pay for like RHEL. Their testing is no better than ours, but
7 > >> at least paying something entitles you to bitch at them.
8 > > Or consider paying a Gentoo developer [*] as your first level support
9 > > person, and liaison with Gentoo. Thus they consult for you, and tell you
10 > > if your specific combinations are going to work, and do their hardest to
11 > > keep them working.
12 >
13 > It might be worth putting together a list of folks interested in doing
14 > this on the Gentoo website, under a Third-party Paid Support section. We
15 > already have a Support link on the top of www.g.o, it could be on that
16 > page.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 > Donnie
25 I have done it before, and it's rather rewarding. Both monetarily, and
26 otherwise.